We look forward to your stay with us. Here is helpful information about your schedule while at Esalen:
- You are welcome to arrive at Esalen anytime after 2:00 pm the day your stay begins. Rooms are available by 4:00 pm, and you may pick up your key at the gate or our front office/bookstore.
- Weekend programs begin with dinner on Friday and end with brunch on Sunday.
- Five-day programs and those programs longer than five days begin with dinner on Sunday and end with lunch on the final day.
We offer a brief orientation on Friday and Sunday evenings, ideal for new visitors. Please check with Guest Services at the office for times and location.
We ask that you remove all belongings from your room prior to your final workshop session or by 10:00 am on your last day, however, you are welcome to remain on property until 2:00 pm to enjoy lunch or brunch. Your timely departure ensures that we may prepare for and welcome our next group of workshop participants.
Workshops normally meet on the first evening from 8:30 pm until 10:00 pm and on the last day from 10:00 am until 12:00 pm, with about six hours of class time scheduled over multiple sessions on the intervening days. Our weekend workshops generally consist of 10 hours of class time, while five-day workshops usually offer 26 hours.
A detailed schedule of all workshop sessions will be provided upon arrival for the workshop, or may be available in advance on the workshop description page on our website. Use the Workshop Finder to locate your workshop.
- Breakfast - 8:30 am-9:45 am
- Lunch - 12:30 pm-1:45 pm (on Fridays and Sundays, service begins at 12:15 pm)
- Dinner - 6:00 pm-7:30 pm