Canceling a Workshop, A Time to Reflect or Personal Retreat
All cancellations must be made directly with a Guest Services staff member. Please call 888-837-2536 to make a cancellation.
A cancellation fee applies to all reservations.
- If you change or cancel your reservation more than 14 days before your arrival date, you will be charged a processing fee of 15%. Any remaining amount paid will be refunded to you.
- If you change or cancel your reservation more than seven but less than 14 days before your arrival date, you will forfeit 30% of the cost of your reservation.
- Changes or cancellations made less than seven days before your arrival date are subject to forfeit the entire cost of the reservation.
If Esalen Cancels a Workshop
Esalen reserves the right to cancel any program at any time. If your workshop is canceled, we will notify you and offer you the following options:
- You may receive a full refund.
- Subject to availability, you may transfer into another workshop taking place in the same time period as the canceled workshop.
- You may come to Esalen and stay for the duration of the canceled workshop to enjoy our beautiful campus, experiential classes, healing hot springs and nourishing, farm-to-table meals.
If You Have Applied for a Scholarship
If you have applied for a scholarship and did not receive one, Esalen will, at your request, refund your deposit in full if you cancel your reservation at least five full days prior to the start of your workshop.
If You Donated to Friends of Esalen
Donations made to the Friends of Esalen fund are non-refundable.
Massage Session Cancellation
Please visit Esalen Healing Arts to see the cancellation policy for massages.