Perched on the bluff above the ocean, and nestled beside the healing waters of Esalen’s renowned natural hot springs, a deeply nourishing massage experience awaits you. Esalen Massage® is best described as the interface and integration of form, energy, structure, and soul. With its nurturing contact, integrating strokes, and detailed attention to the whole body, an Esalen Massage provides a state of deep relaxation and healing.
Our sessions are 75 minutes long, taking place in semi-private rooms at the baths. The baths are clothing optional and co-ed. We recommend that you arrive at least 20 minutes before the start of your massage to shower and soak. Your practitioner will find you at the appointed time.
Esalen Massage Change and Cancellation Policy
With at least seven days advance notice, changes to sessions (subject to availability) are allowed with no charge. Cancellations made with at least 48 hours advance notice are subject to a $55 fee, and the remaining balance will be refunded. Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice are subject to forfeit the full price of the session.
On-site Guests with Workshop or A Time To Reflect Reservations
If you will be staying on-site, you must book your workshop and accommodations prior to reserving your massage.
Be sure to select Esalen Massage - Seminarian as your session type. We recommend having your workshop schedule at hand to ensure your massage does not conflict with other activities. Course schedules can be viewed on individual workshop description pages, which can be found using the Workshop Finder.
On-site guests: you may book a massage as early as 2:40 pm on your day of arrival and no later than 1:00 pm on your day of departure. For 1:00 pm massages on check-out days, you may enjoy a final soak after your session, however, you must depart the grounds no later than 3:00 pm.
Off-site Guests Coming for Massage Only
Guests without workshop reservations who are coming from off-site to receive a massage, be sure to select Esalen Massage - Off-site Guests as your session type, and please review Making the Most of Your Visit for important information regarding arrival time and check-in. Kindly note that while water is available at the baths, food and beverages served in the Lodge are not included.
Selecting a Session Time and Practitioner
Use the calendar below to view available appointments. The tool will display session options for seven days including the date you select. Click on the practitioner's name to view their bio, and select a therapist whose skills best fit your needs. All of our massage therapists are certified in Esalen Massage, but many can integrate other styles of bodywork such as deep tissue, craniosacral, lomi lomi, etc.
- All guests:
- For best selection of session times and practitioners, we recommend making your massage reservation about two or three weeks before your arrival date as we may not show availability farther than four weeks in advance.
- If you’re not using the most current version of Safari, Firefox or Chrome as your web browser, you may need to install or update to utilize this online booking tool.
- If you have questions or require extra support with the online booking process, please contact our Guest Services team at 831-667-3002.
- On-site guests:
- The online account required to use this online booking tool is separate from your esalen.org account that you used to make your workshop reservation.
- If this is the first time you're booking a massage online, you will need to create a new account.