Accommodations can be a little rustic and the coastal weather unpredictable so we recommend bringing a few items to make your stay with us comfortable and safe. Many of these items are also available in our bookstore. There is no ATM at Esalen, so if you require cash or change for payphones please plan ahead as cell service is minimal in our area.
- Warm layered clothing
- Alarm clock
- Hair dryer
- Medications (there is no local pharmacy in the area)
- Toiletries (please remember to bring shampoo and conditioner)
- Water bottle (non-glass)
- Hiking shoes / sneakers
- Earplugs (especially if you have roommates)
- A watch
What to Leave at Home
- Candles, incense or anything flammable as the fire danger in our area is significant.
- Any illicit drugs as we have a strict anti-drug policy.
- Pets which are not service animals.
- Expensive valuables as we do not have safes and cannot guarantee their safety.