Served in the Lodge, meals at Esalen feature a delicious, nutritious and inventive mix of organic produce grown on campus and culinary creations of our kitchen staff. Taking time and care to prepare meals, our intention is to provide the best food experience possible. Take note of the following:
- We will provide three hearty meals per day.
- We offer both vegan and omnivorous meals, and our meals are designed to be gluten free, light and healthy.
- If your diet is more strict, paleo, keto, macrobiotic, etc. our kitchen will unfortunately not be able to provide a meal under those restrictions.
- Although we are unable to dine communal style or allow self-serve options such as our famous bread bar, we will be providing utensils and fully plated meals in safe disposable containers made from recycled plastics that can be easily enjoyed while social distancing. A picnic on the lawn or on the patio facing the tranquil Pacific Ocean are the perfect settings for your meals.
- Coffee and Tea Service: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
- Lunch: 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Dinner: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Snacks, food and beverages that do not require refrigeration are fine to bring to Esalen at this time, as we are currently unable to provide self-serve items.