“I wouldn’t be at Esalen without scholarship. It’s that simple. I cannot thank the Friends of Esalen Fund or the Esalen community enough, there aren’t adequate words for my gratitude. I know I will pay it forward in some way.”
– Sowaila Zada, Resident Scholar
Become a Member
At Esalen, we believe the power of connection and community can change our world for the better. We've created the Friends of Esalen community to offer more ways to get and stay engaged for individuals who want to have a more active role in advancing our mission of personal and social tranformation. Friends of Esalen members fund projects and initiatives that are most important and urgent to Esalen, including expanding access to workshops through vital student scholarships and funding infrastructure needs that result from our remote location in Big Sur. Our members help support what is truly unique about Esalen, including our:
- Groundbreaking workshops and faculty
- Vibrant living and learning community
- Leading-edge research and conferences through the Center for Theory & Research
- Stewardship of the land, including our working Farm & Garden
Esalen is a 501(c)(3) organization and your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
With a monthly gift of $10, or an annual gift of $120, members enjoy:
- Ability to reserve a Personal Retreat, an unstructured experience at Esalen
- Subscription to the Esalen catalog
- Invitations to members property tours and receptions
- Subscription to Friends of Esalen newsletter
- Ability to purchase tickets in advance for Esalen signature events like the Midsummer Festival
For questions or information on additional benefits for monthly contributors of $42 and more or $84 or more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.