- 4 lb Mary’s Organic Whole Chicken, without giblet sack (if provided, remove from cavity)
- 4 garlic cloves, whole & peeled
- 3 sprigs Esalen Farm fresh rosemary sprig
- 3 sprigs Esalen Farm fresh thyme sprig
- 1 Esalen Farm Meyer lemon, cut in half
- Salt, minimal amount Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stuff cavity with fresh herbs, lemon, and garlic. Season the entire outer chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set up chicken on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. This will provide overall consistent cooking.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 4-6 hours. This will allow the moisture to dry out resulting in a crispy outer seal.
- Pull from refrigeration 30 minutes before cook time.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 450 degrees. This will provide an additional seal to retain moisture.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and cook approximately 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (insert meat thermometer in thigh area without touching the bone).
- Once safe temperature has been reached, pull from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, once again allowing the meat to retain its juices.
- Carve and enjoy!