Esalen provides continuing education (CE) credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LCSEs, LPCCs, LEPs, nurses, bodyworkers, acupuncturists, and nutritionists.
Esalen’s status as a provider of continuing education is approved by the following boards:
- Esalen Institute is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for MFT/LCSW/LEP/LPCC. Esalen Institute maintains responsibility for programs/courses and their content. (Provider No. 128759)
- Massage practitioners and bodyworkers: The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (provider number 043062-00) and the Bureau for Private Post-Secondary Education (school code 2700571)
- Registered Nurses: Board of Registered Nursing (provider number 01152)
- Registered Dietitians: State Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Acupuncturists: State of California Acupuncture Board (provider number 946).
Please note: if your workshop is listed as offering CE but indicates that you must "see leader," your leader will be responsible for processing and issuing the continuing education certificates.
Continuing Education Credit
Approved weekend workshops qualify for 10 CE units, approved five-day courses qualify for 26 CE units, approved seven-day courses qualify for 36 CE units, and approved Work Study courses qualify for 38 CE units.
You can find the course information and educational objectives in .pdf format for all MFT approved courses on our website through the link on the course page. Please check workshop listings online for frequent updates to CE status.
For workshops that offer continuing education but indicate you must "see leader", certificates will be processed and issued by the workshop faculty. There is no need to contact our office at the end of your course.
In order to receive a certificate for continuing education that is sponsored by Esalen, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Notify your teacher at the beginning of your workshop.
- Attend and sign the attendance sheet provided by the leader. Partial credit will not be given.
- Once the workshop has completed, please fill out the evaluation form (you will be asked to provide your license number) distributed by the leader and hand it in to the main office with a $25 processing fee. Multiple certificates will be an additional $25 per certificate.
- Certificate processing can take up to 45 days. Certificates will be emailed to you.
Licensing Boards change regulations often and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board's approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
For more information about accessing special accommodations (ADA requests) please call 888-837-2536.
To file a grievance please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have questions?
If the information you need is not on this page, please send questions to email@example.com.