Rebirth, truth, healing, devotion, and a passionate purpose. The mythical phoenix — a legendary symbol of alchemy —represents the psychospiritual opportunity to rise into one’s greater power, strength and wisdom. The extraordinary process of alchemy is transformational — turning wounds into wisdom and pain into love.
This alchemic yoga workshop awakens our power and ignites our heart fire vision through the teaching of six body-centered practices: asana (physical postures), pranayama (breathing techniques), mantra (healing sound vibration), mudra (energy seals created by the hands), meditation (expanded states of awareness), and vichara (self-inquiry).
Phoenix Rising with Sianna Sherman embodies four thematic Alchemy of Yoga journeys. Each session includes asana, pranayama, mantra, mudra, meditation and self-inquiry. Sianna’s nurturing and invigorating style is elevated through her guided storytelling, shadow work and soul reflection.
- Friday: Invoke Your Radiance - A welcoming, grounding practice of standing poses; engaging the body’s physical alignment and muscles through the lens of functional anatomy; setting the foundation of our practice, calling in our intentions, and dropping into deep rest for full-body restoration.
- Saturday morning: Awaken your Power - A more up-tempo practice of core work, basic arm balances, dynamic breathwork, and creative patterns of movement that awaken our power and renew our embodied vision.
- Saturday afternoon: Heal with Compassion – An introspective practice that explores yoga and emotional intimacy with hip openers, seated forward folds, twists, and gentle restoratives.
- Sunday early: Fire Hour – heart fire vision and dynamic pranayama. Please allow two hours after eating before start of class.
- Sunday morning: Rise from the Ashes – A soulful practice of vinyasa flow, backbends, heart fire vision, and a triumphant metaphoric celebration of rising from the ashes as the phoenix of our own soul.
2022 is our year for individual and collective rebirth. The last two years have taught us so much. We are evolving in new ways. We are ready to create something new and to be part of a force that honors both transformation and liberation. The ancient, mythical phoenix holds the empowerment of rebirth and the soul’s alchemical journey. When we transform from within, we share our magic with the world to inspire change and practice freedom for the mind, body and spirit.
Student Prerequisite: This workshop is best suited to those who love the practices of yoga, and who have an existing yoga practice.
Interested in joining us in Big Sur for the live workshop? Learn more.