Makes 4 servings.
1 cup polenta
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups water
Chopped fresh herbs such as sage, rosemary, chives, parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously oil a 9-inch Pyrex or other non-stick pie tin with olive oil.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the water and broth to a simmer. Pour the polenta into the saucepan in a thin stream, whisking all the while. Stir continuously until polenta is smooth, thick, and bubbly.
- Stir in the herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the polenta into the pie pan, and tap the pie pan firmly on the counter to achieve an even layer. Let the polenta cool for 5 minutes.
- Brush olive oil over the surface of the polenta, and bake until golden brown and crispy on the top and bottom.
- Remove the polenta from the pan and cut it into the desired shapes.