Following ancient traditions on this winter solstice, we will take this poignant time to retreat, slow down, and enter stillness, silence, and inner exploration. While the natural world appears to be dormant, the inner realms are alive with transmuting the passage between the old and the new. The solstice asks how we stand openhearted in face of the darkest night while holding faith in the returning light. On a practical level it is a time of sorting what wants to be released that is no longer serving our potential, and what wants to be called in to help us fulfill that journey. In this retreat we will be exploring these questions:
· What needs to end to make space for a new beginning?
· How do you resist letting go of things that need to be released?
· What are you welcoming in?
· What is your relationship to transitions — to beginnings and endings?
· How is it to stand in the unknown?
During this retreat, we will use meditations, ritual, time in nature, inquiry, and group exercises and discussion as ways to explore this theme of transition. Participants can leave clear and courageous in taking the next steps to create an inspired life.