“The ancient Toltec culture believed that life as we perceive it is a dream,” says don Miguel Ruiz Jr. “We each live in our own personal dream, and all our dreams together make the Dream of the Planet. Problems arise when our perception of the Dream becomes clouded with negativity, drama, and judgment (of ourselves and others), because it’s in these moments of suffering that we forget that we have the power to change our Dream.”
The Mastery of Self takes the Toltec philosophy of the Dream of the Planet and the personal dream and explains how a person can liberate themselves from illusory beliefs and stories, and live with authenticity. Through guided exercises, visualizations, and his teaching of The Mastery of Self principles, don Miguel can help you awaken powerful new intentions and show you how to:
• Discern between “who you are” and “what you know”
• Gain awareness of the way your attachments have created your reality
• Stop creating your identity based on opinions and judgments of others around you
• Let go of the fear of what you are without your beliefs
• Make new agreements that are more in line with your authentic self
Recommended reading: Ruiz Jr. and Ruiz, The Mastery of Self: A Toltec Guide to Personal Freedom and The Five Levels of Attachment: Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World; Ruiz and Mills, The Four Agreements.