During this workshop, expect the full Jivamukti package of tradition, music, meditation, bhakti, and creative asana sequences. This is a yoga workshop with a great passion for life, nature, and love, designed to get you out of your “stuff,” and back into the groove. We will look at yoga as a means to make a sustainable change in your life on all levels, not just as far as your asana practice is concerned. The workshop includes an empowering blend of asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga philosophy (primarily Yogasutra and Bhagavad Gita), group exercises, chanting, and contemplation to support you in creating a joyous life with purpose and passion.
The course is designed to help you:
• Re-invigorate and re-energize an asana/meditation practice
• Deepen the understanding of yoga philosophy and how to incorporate the teachings into everyday life
• Enhance teaching skills if you are already a yoga teacher
• Learn how to become a spiritual activist
• Develop an energetic understanding of alignment and yoga assists
• Learn how to become a more effective communicator
Please bring a yoga mat.
Note to certified Jivamukti Teachers: This immersion will count as credit hours toward the 800-hour certificate in Jivamukti Yoga. Sessions in the immersion will go toward the 800-hour certification requirements of Jivamukti Yoga class attendance, Jivamukti Yoga workshops/retreats attendance, Satsang attendance, Sanskrit and scriptural study, and meditation.
Recommended reading: Gannon and Life, Jivamukti Yoga.