This evidence-based, transformational training gives health professionals the science and tools to make mind-body medicine a foundational part of their practices and lives. It is the first step in becoming certified by the Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM), one of the world’s premier programs in comprehensive self-care and group support. For more than 25 years, CMBM has taught this program to more than 6,000 professionals including clinicians, educators, community leaders and peer counselors.
Participants will attend lectures on the latest research in mind-body medicine and experience CMBM’s pioneering Mind-Body Skills Groups, where they will practice a variety of techniques to reduce stress and enhance self-awareness, to mobilize their imagination and intuition and to develop their capacity for self-care.
Participants will learn how to:
• Make evidence-based, mind-body techniques including meditation, guided imagery, biofeedback, written dialogues and genograms an integral part of your practice
• Experience self-expression in words, drawings and movement, and learn to use these creative approaches with others
• Learn the latest scientific evidence for these techniques and how they bring positive change to our physiology and psychology
• Experience CMBM’s Mind-Body Skills Group model and learn to lead these groups
• Bring new vision, more effective practice and greater joy to your life and work
• Become part of a worldwide community of healers
Note: Initial registration for this workshop is through CMBM. To begin registration, please visit www.cmbm.org/mbm. Only after you have registered with CMBM will you be able to register with Esalen. For Esalen pricing chart, see http://www.esalen.org/page/workshop-pricing-partner-programs.