Lymphatic Balancing (LB) is a curriculum specifically designed to utilize the philosophy, approach, and specialized manual lymphatic drainage techniques, which were originally designed to treat lymphedema, and apply them to the orthopedic patient. LB is be used to treat excess fluid or swelling, fluid stagnation or lymphedema in the cranium, spine, rib cage, visceral system, and the upper (shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand) and lower extremities (hip, knee, ankle, and foot).
This workshop includes lecture, demonstration, and practice for each technique presented. Students will gain a thorough understanding of Lymphatic Balancing Techniques used for the specific evaluation and treatment of excess body fluid or swelling in the body. This class teaches you a total body approach to lymphatic balancing. LB is useful place to start for new patients before performing specific LB on local regions of the body, or as maintenance for the patient.
Student Objectives include the following:
• Understand the history, principles, and neuromuscular basis of Lymphatic Balancing
• Conduct a thorough specific orthopedic evaluation
• Understand the indications and contraindication of Lymphatic Balancing
• Be able to chart your results of the evaluation and formulate a treatment plan
• Determine the proper sequence of treating the Total Body Lesion
• Perform Lymphatic Balancing on the nodes, vessels, and tissues of the cranium, spine, thorax, abdomen, and upper and lower extremity
• Understand the clinical importance of Lymphatic Balancing
• Integrate Lymphatic Balancing with other treatment modalities
Note: Registration for this workshop is through the International Alliance of Healthcare Educators (IAHE) only. IAHE is a coalition of curriculum developers united to advance innovative therapies through high quality continuing education programs. To register, please call 1-800-311-9204. Only after you have registered with IAHE and paid tuition fees will you be able to reserve accommodations at Esalen. For accommodations pricing chart, see http://www.esalen.org/page/partner-program-pricing.
CE credit for nurses;
CE credit for massage;