This program offers everything you need to know about using food to promote health and prevent and treat illness. Physician James S. Gordon and integrative nutritionist Kathie Madonna Swift team up with leaders in the international movement for women’s health to present the most powerful, up-to-date nutrition science, focusing on:
• Food-based solutions for chronic disease prevention and management (cardiovascular disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, etc.)
• The food-mood connection: using nutrition to successfully address anxiety, depression, insomnia, and chronic stress
• Understanding hormones for health, happiness, and a vital life pre- and post-menopause
• Energy: The adrenal and thyroid connection
• Digestive healing, including microbiome-centric strategies for IBS, SIBO, food intolerances, and more • Autoimmune conditions and a science-based immune recovery plan
• Healthy weight management and blood sugar strategies
• How nutrition helps chronic pain and fibromyalgia
• Vitamins, minerals, and herbal guidelines
• Preconception and prenatal health
• Mindful eating, meditation, movement, nature-based practices, and the art of self-care
Enjoy cutting-edge presentations, kitchen wisdom, lively cooking demonstrations, and nourishing spiritual practices that make healthy eating and vibrant living a reality for women of all ages.
Note: Registration for this workshop is through The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. To register, please visit cmbm.org/fam. Only after you have registered with CMBM and paid tuition fees will you be able to reserve accommodations at Esalen. For accommodations pricing chart, see http://www.esalen.org/page/partner-program-pricing.