Mind, Mood and Food brings together medical and culinary nutrition with cutting-edge research for clinicians and health-conscious individuals to learn how to improve mental and emotional well-being with food. This five-day training includes experiential learning with food, nature, mind-body medicine, live food demonstrations, and whole-food meals that inspire long-lasting nutritional transformation. Participants will be taught a new science-based approach using nutrition to address personal health challenges, for yourself, your clients, and your families.
Participants will explore the following topics and more:
• Food, spices, herbs, and recipes that nourish the brain
• Healing foods to balance mind and mood
• Nutrition and the brain: cutting-edge science for emotional, cognitive, and behavioral disorders
• Mind-body practices that are refreshing to the brain and spirit including movement, imagery, and mindful eating
• Self-care practices designed to dramatically reduce stress and improve quality of life
How to repair the traumatized, injured, and aging brain
Note: Initial registration for this workshop is through The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM). To register, please visit.cmbm.org/training/mmf-esalen-2018. Only after you have registered with CMBM will you be able to register with Esalen. For Esalen pricing chart, see http://www.esalen.org/page/partner-program-pricing.
For continuing education syllabus, see https://www.esalen.org/mind-mood-food-0418.
CE credit for nurses;
CE credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs;
CE credit for RD and DTR;
CE credit for acupuncturists course category 1;