Presence is the hidden key to successful leadership. The more present we are in ourselves, the more present we can be with someone else. This monthlong program offers experiential work designed to help you pay attention to the subtle cues you receive from your body and the surrounding environment all the time. This will give you access to your own, highly valuable inner landscape — the wisdom of your body-mind-spirit, which significantly enhances your ability to be more fully present as a leader.
In this month we will share how to:
• Assess your energy reservoir and refill when you are depleted
• Increase your capacity to be present versus doing all the time
• Grow awareness of, but not absorb, the emotions of others
• Make healthy connections (empathy versus sympathy)
• Stay openhearted and clearheaded
• Have more powerful leadership conversations
The deeper layer of this program will help you more fully utilize the navigational system of your body, including wisdom of the heart, gut, bones, pelvis, feet and legs.
If you feel overwhelmed at times by your feelings or those around you, this course will help you develop your body and energy field into a container that can hold and modulate the whole range of human emotions. Learning to build this capacity within your navigational field enables you to have feelings and learn from them. Please bring a journal for reflection time and notes, as well as a binder for handouts.
Required reading and listening: Scurlock-Durana, Full Body Presence: Learning to Listen.