Are you ready to change? If not now, when? This is a self-awakening program designed for sincere seekers who are ready to live an awakened life. Immerse yourself in the fundamentals of yoga philosophy, asanas, pranayama, and meditation to build a spacious and fertile spiritual foundation where the seeds of awareness can grow and flourish.
During the month, we will:
• Explore classic yoga postures with basic alignment principles, benefits, and contraindications
• Experience yoga as a path of self-discovery and transformation
• Integrate holistic lifestyle tools
• Learn and practice conscious communication skills
• Explore scripture through experiential lectures on the Bhagavad Gita and Pantanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga (emphasizing the yamas and niyamas)
At the end of the program, you will learn to bring awareness to movement and breath in a way that is right for your body, your limitations, your strengths, and your age – in other words, you’ll discover the yoga that is right for you and create a unique home practice. Join us to bring the experience, depth, and benefits of yoga into your lifestyle and make bold changes to live fully. Please bring a yoga mat.
Note: For those who wish to obtain a 50-hour certification, a daily Hatha yoga practice and additional homework will be required.
For more information about the Residential Study program, visit https://www.esalen.org/residential-study. To apply, click Add to Cart.