A vital part of Esalen's mission is to help those seeking to acquire skills and knowledge to transform their lives and the world at large.
Our scholarship funds are limited, so awards will be made to those who will take what they have learned back to their homes, workplaces and communities.
Although personal growth is an essential step towards social transformation, almost all of our workshop scholarships are reserved for individuals who will use the information they gain to impact social change.
Limited financial assistance may be possible for applicants who plan to participate in qualifying workshops. Please check back as we will soon be posting a list of qualifying workshops taking place through the end of 2017.
Workshop scholarship inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
Download the workshop scholarship application (PDF format)
Esalen occasionally offers financial assistance to workshop participants in exchange for a work commitment in the kitchen or cabins (housekeeping).
- 5 day workshop - reduced fee of $100 for 8 hours of work
- Weekend workshop - reduced fee of $50 for 4 hours of work.
Please request work exchange when making your reservation. Approved work exchange recipients will receive their work schedule upon arrival. We allow one work exchange opportunity per person per year.
In addition to workshop scholarships, we offer scholarships for our Massage and Bodywork program, Farm & Garden, Work Study Program, and Gazebo Park School. Each of these scholarship types are separately administered by their respective departments.
- For a workstudy scholarship requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Esalen Farm apprentice scholarships, please email email@example.com
- For Gazebo Park School apprentice scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org