A vital part of Esalen's mission is to help those seeking to acquire skills and knowledge to transform their lives and the world at large.
Our scholarship funds are limited, so awards will be made to those who will take what they have learned back to their homes, workplaces and communities.
Although personal growth is an essential step towards social transformation, almost all of our workshop scholarships are reserved for individuals who will use the information they gain to impact social change.
Limited financial assistance may be possible for applicants who plan to participate in qualifying workshops. Housing for scholarship recipients will be in sleeping bag accomodations or bunk accomodations when feasible. Below is a list of qualifying workshops through December 2018.
*Workshops other than those listed below may qualify. Please tell us, in your application’s personal essay section how and why the impact of participating in your requested workshop would effect social change. Applicant must also meet other criteria.
Scholarship Application Criteria
- Submissions must be recieved at least 60 days prior to the start date of the workshop.
- Applications must be complete with all proof of financial need (W2's, pay stubs, etc.) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial need is determined by the US Federal Guidelines which recommend ranges be set 2.5 times above the Federal Poverty level. While this income guideline is not our only consideration, it is very heavily weighted for all scholarship applications.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Recipients of scholarship funds will be asked to share their experience in an online questionnaire.
Scholarship inquiries for workshops may be directed to email@example.com.
If you are applying to attend a massage certification course, please complete an application for the course prior to submitting your scholarship application. For more information about massage certification programs and to apply click here.
For Residential Education Program scholarship requests (formerly known as the Work Study Program), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
October 12-14, 2018
Introduction to Gestalt
October 21-November 2, 2018
Esalen® Massage Teacher Training Module One
October 28-November 2, 2018
EFT Tapping Professional Skills Training
November 2-4, 2018
Conversations on the Edge: The Leader of the Future
November 4-9, 2018
The Space Between Stories
November 9-11, 2018
X – The Exponential Humanity Series: Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
November 16-18, 2018
Family Mindfulness Weekend: Acknowledge, Release and Invite Possibility
November 18-23, 2018
Developing a Reliable Refuge
November 23-25, 2018
Social Entrepreneurship: From Spiritual Values to Effective Action
November 25-30, 2018
Relational Gestalt Practice: The Transformative Power of Emotion
November 30-December 16, 2018
100-Hour Esalen® Massage Certification Program
November 30-December 2, 2018
Releasing Pain, Healing Grief and Remembering with Love
Esalen occasionally offers financial assistance to workshop participants in exchange for a work commitment in the kitchen or lodging departments.
- 5 day workshop - reduced fee of $100 for 8 hours of work
- Weekend workshop - reduced fee of $50 for 4 hours of work.
Please request work exchange when making your reservation. Approved work exchange recipients will receive their work schedule upon arrival. We allow one work exchange opportunity per person per year.
Below: photo by Ali Kaukas.