IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREANO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.
IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREATHE SOUTHBOUND CONNECTOR TO EASTBOUND & WESTBOUND SR 68 /IN MONTEREY/ (MONTEREY CO) ARE CLOSED FROM 2100 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0500 HRS EACH MORNING SUNDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 9/28/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM THE JCT OF US 101 TO THE JCT OF SR 246 (SANTA BARBARA CO) FROM 0800 HRS TO 1600 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 9/28/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 14.6 MI NORTH OF THE SANTA CRUZ/SAN MATEO CO LINE /AT PESCADERO BEACH NORTH/ TO 2.3 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 84 /AT LONG GULCH/ (SAN MATEO CO) 24 HRS A DAY THRU 1800 HRS ON FRIDAY 3/29/19 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 1.5 MI SOUTH OF LUCIA (MONTEREY CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 2359 HRS ON 9/30/18 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 0.6 MI NORTH OF MUIR BEACH TO 1 MI NORTH OF MUIR BEACH /AT SLIDE RANCH/ (MARIN CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 2359 HRS ON 1/16/19 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 4.2 MI NORTH TO 4.4 MI NORTH OF MUIR BEACH (MARIN CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 2359 HRS ON 1/16/19 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 10.2 MI NORTH OF STINSON BEACH TO 10.5 MI NORTH OF STINSON BEACH /AT OLEMA CREEK BRIDGE/ (MARIN CO) 24 HRS A DAY THRU 2359 HRS ON MONDAY 12/31/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 0.2 MI SOUTH OF THE MARIN/SONOMA CO LINE TO 0.2 MI NORTH OF THE MARIN/SONOMA CO LINE FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 10/4/18 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE
IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 1.5 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 271 TO 0.7 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 271 /AT MILL BANK RESORT/ (MENDOCINO CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK - DUE TO EMERGENCY WORK
For traffic updates and other Caltrans projects in Monterey County, call (800) 427-ROAD (7623) within California and (916) 445-7623 from outside of California, or visit the Caltrans District 5 website.
Be sure to check here for any weather and road updates prior to your travel.
Stormy Weather Driving Safety Tips
- Driving after dark is highly discouraged!
- Caution should be exercised when traveling, especially after dark.
- You never know what will be around the next turn. Large rocks/boulders often fall into the roadway and falling rock damage to vehicles and tires is not uncommon, especially during rain. Drive cautiously and at an appropriate speed for you to see dangers before you are upon them.
- Watch out for little sharp rocks as they pierce tire sidewalls. Make certain your are driving on tires that have good tread left to them and have a good spare tire, a jack and lug wrench with you and easily accessible.
- Be prepared to sleep in your car on the side of the road if you become trapped between slides or amongst rocks and debris and can not safely drive through or around. Help and road clearing might not happen before morning and you may need to be self-sufficient until professionals arrive. Carry an emergency kit that includes a sleeping bag, warm clothes, water, flashlight, flares, cell phone, glasses and contact lens supplies and any personal medications you take.
More Weather and Road Links
- California Department of Transportation: Highway Conditions
- Weather.com: 7-Day Forecast for Big Sur, CA