IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREAIS CLOSED TO SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC FROM THE JCT OF SR 22 TO LOYNES DR /IN LONG BEACH/ (LOS ANGELES CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM THE SANTA BARBARA/SAN LUIS OBISPO CO LINE TO 0.9 MI NORTH OF THE SANTA BARBARA/SAN LUIS OBISPO CO LINE FROM 1900 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0700 HRS EACH MORNING MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 5/24/19 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM THE SANTA CRUZ/SAN MATEO CO LINE TO 1.3 MI NORTH OF THE SANTA CRUZ/SAN MATEO CO LINE /AT ANO NUEVA STATE PARK RD/ FROM 0900 HRS TO 1500 HRS TUESDAY THRU WEDNESDAY THRU 5/23/19 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 4.2 MI NORTH TO 4.4 MI NORTH OF MUIR BEACH (MARIN CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 2359 HRS ON 5/31/19 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 5 MI NORTH OF POINT ARENA /AT BRUSH CREEK/ (MENDOCINO CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 6/7/19 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 3 MI NORTH TO 3.5 MI NORTH OF ELK (MENDOCINO CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 1900 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 5/24/19 - DUE TO SLIDE REMOVAL
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 12.7 MI NORTH OF FORT BRAGG /AT BLUE SIDE GULCH/ (MENDOCINO CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 0700 HRS ON TUESDAY 10/8/19 - DUE TO EMERGENCY WORK
For traffic updates and other Caltrans projects in Monterey County, call (800) 427-ROAD (7623) within California and (916) 445-7623 from outside of California, or visit the Caltrans District 5 website.
Be sure to check here for any weather and road updates prior to your travel.
Stormy Weather Driving Safety Tips
- Driving after dark is highly discouraged!
- Caution should be exercised when traveling, especially after dark.
- You never know what will be around the next turn. Large rocks/boulders often fall into the roadway and falling rock damage to vehicles and tires is not uncommon, especially during rain. Drive cautiously and at an appropriate speed for you to see dangers before you are upon them.
- Watch out for little sharp rocks as they pierce tire sidewalls. Make certain your are driving on tires that have good tread left to them and have a good spare tire, a jack and lug wrench with you and easily accessible.
- Be prepared to sleep in your car on the side of the road if you become trapped between slides or amongst rocks and debris and can not safely drive through or around. Help and road clearing might not happen before morning and you may need to be self-sufficient until professionals arrive. Carry an emergency kit that includes a sleeping bag, warm clothes, water, flashlight, flares, cell phone, glasses and contact lens supplies and any personal medications you take.
More Weather and Road Links
- California Department of Transportation: Highway Conditions
- Weather.com: 7-Day Forecast for Big Sur, CA