Before You Apply
Please be aware that some work can be physically challenging and may involve lifting, bending, and repetitive movements. Please be sure you are capable of the work you may be assigned.
The Work Study program is designed to explore and apply human values and potentials. It is not intended as a substitute for therapy or as a "cure." It is not a rehab program. We ask you not to drink or take recreational substances while in the program.
Esalen reviews applications on an ongoing basis. Once you have been selected, you will be guided through the registration process.
Submitting Your Esalen Work Study Application
2. Print and complete the form, then:
- scan and email it to email@example.com with your personal statement;
- or fax it to 888.214.8216.
Work Study Program Fees
The fee for the 28-day Work Study program is $1,500.
A non-refundable deposit of $400 in U.S. currency is required after your acceptance into the program (checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank). You may pay in full at the time you are accepted into the program or pay the $400 deposit; your balance will be automatically charged to your credit card 5 to 7 days before your arrival.
Please note that submitting an application is not registration in the program. Registration is made only after approval of application.
Cancellation Policy & Fees
If you choose to cancel, you will be charged as follows:
- $400 deposit after acceptance into the program is non-refundable
- Less than 24 hours prior to start date, no refund
- If you arrive at Esalen and choose to leave without completing the program, there is no refund
For more information, contact the Work Study Program:
Esalen Work Study Program
Work Study Coordinator