Before You Apply
Please be aware that some work can be physically challenging and may involve lifting, bending, and repetitive movements. Please be sure you are capable of the work you may be assigned.
The Work Study program is designed to explore and apply human values and potentials. It is not intended as a substitute for therapy or as a "cure." It is not a rehab program. We ask you not to drink or take recreational substances while in the program.
Esalen reviews applications on an ongoing basis. Once you have been selected, you will be guided through the registration process.
Submitting Your Esalen Work Study Application
2. Print and complete the form, then:
- scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your personal statement;
- or print out the form and mail it with your deposit to the address below;
- or fax it to 888.214.8216.
Work Study Program Fees
The fee for the 28-day Work Study program is $1,500.
A deposit of $400 in U.S. currency is required with your application (checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank). You may pay in full at the time you apply or pay the $400 deposit when you register; your balance will be automatically charged to your credit card 3-5 days before your arrival.
Please note that submitting an application is not registration in the program. Registration is made only after approval of application.
Cancellation Policy & Fees
If you choose to cancel, you will be charged the following amount:
- 15+ days prior to start date, $100
- 8-14 days prior to start date, $200
- 3-7 days prior to start date, $300
- 1-2 days prior to start date, $400
- Less than 24 hours prior to start date, no refund.
For more information, contact the Work Study Program:
Esalen Work Study Program
Work Study Coordinator