Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is internationally recognized, taught, and implemented as a tool for quality of life. During this month of intensive immersion in NVC principles and practices with Jean Morrison, participants are offered the opportunity to strengthen their ability to:
• Live from a consciousness of compassion, for yourself and with others
• Make peace with conflicts affecting emotional health and wellbeing
• Replace distressing habits of mind and language with new habits that create compassion, connection, understanding, and healing
• Liberate your thinking and reactions in order to transform anger, hurt, and guilt
into energy and expressions that serve life
• Clarify and express emotions and needs, distinct from blame
• Make empowering requests distinct from demands and expectations
• Apply NVC principles and skills to your goals and aspirations
The sessions include a balance of playful exploration, thoughtful inquiry, powerful exercises for skill development, and sharing of best practices with participants’ real situations. Guest presenters will augment our NVC practice with their expertise in the Enneagram, Mindful Meditation, art, and movement.
Please note: Participants in this program are signing up for five weeks at Esalen. For four weeks, you will be in a group with Jean Morrison. For the fifth week you will be participating in Esalen’s staff week. During this week, Esalen is closed to the public. There will be staff-only fun, work, and learning during this time.