LifeForce Yoga interweaves the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what’s no longer serving you — without a story attached! In this inspiring workshop, you will learn about and practice breathing exercises, easy postures, guided meditations, and other experiential yogic tools for managing your mood.
• Pranayama and kriya breathing practices that regulate the emotions
• Meditations that lift the mood
• Affirmation (sankalpa)
• LifeForce Yoga Bhavana (imagery)
• LifeForce Yoga Chakra Clearing Meditation
• LifeForce Yoga Nidra
• Tones that regulate the emotions (mantras)
• Yoga asanas suitable for multilevel practitioners
• Self-Inquiry through writing and dyad sharing
You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about your at-home or teaching yoga practice, and with new tools to bring balance to the emotional and physical body. The workshop is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Psychotherapists, health professionals, and yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in yoga classes. These practices are suitable in a clinical setting, so in addition to taking care of yourself, health professionals can learn new tools to support and empower those they serve.
Recommended reading and viewing: Weintraub, Yoga for Depression and Yoga Skills for Therapists (required for those seeking