While some same-sex couples decided to “tie the knot” following recent Supreme Court rulings, many are asking themselves what it would mean to be married. Some find themselves struggling to make an authentic choice, to do what feels right amidst social pressure to do otherwise. This highly experiential workshop is designed to help you and your partner authentically navigate this new and changing landscape of possibilities. You will be shown an approach to cultivating “emotional mindfulness” that can help you more deeply connect with your inner wisdom and clarify and support your authentic relationship goals, whatever they may be. During this workshop you can:
· Connect with your true feelings and use them as a guide
· Clarify what marriage means to you and your partner
· Identify and discuss your long-term relationship expectations
· Work though underlying concerns, fears, and conflict
· Create a joint vision for your future together
Whatever your decision, this workshop will provide you with relationship strengthening tools that can enable you to overcome uncertainty, deepen your connection with each other, and free you up to love like you mean it.
Recommended reading: Frederick, Living Like You Mean It: Use the Wisdom and Power of Your Emotions to Get the Life You Really Want.