Based on Dr. Shapiro’s book, The Art and Science of Mindfulness, the workshop offers meditative practices for all those interested in awakening their minds and opening their hearts. Drawing on Buddhist practices of mindfulness as well as revolutionary research in neuroscience, we explore the transformative effects of meditative practices. We will immerse ourselves in the practice of being fully present, re-training our minds and hearts toward pathways of greater joy, ease, and health. Esalen’s natural beauty will support us in cultivating the nourishing presence of mindfulness as we engage in sunset meditations, listen to the sounds of the ocean, practice mindful walking through the vibrant gardens, and open ourselves to the serenity and wisdom of nature. This workshop cultivates greater joy, peace, wonder, and ease, as we develop deepening connection with ourselves, each other and the larger web of life.
In this workshop we will:
· Learn mindfulness and compassion meditation practices
· Enjoy Mindful movement and gentle yoga
· Let our minds fully relax and settle into a state of profound ease
· Learn basic principles of letting go
· Find greater contentment and joy in the present moment
· Learn how to integrate these approaches in our daily lives
The workshop is suitable for beginners and experienced meditators.
CE credit for psychologists;
CE credit for MFTs and LCSWs;