There is a powerful connection between your emotions, intuition, and empathy. The magic comes when you learn how to tap into each of them to fully access your sensitivities without going on overload or becoming drained. Judith Orloff, a UCLA-trained psychiatrist, NY Times best-selling author, and empath, will show you how to awaken your intuition and empathy to enhance your health, work, relationships, resilience as a parent, and emotional and physical well-being.
This workshop, based on Dr. Orloff’s new book, The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People, will offer practical skills to help everyone, including, health care practitioners, increase their empathy and intuition to improve the quality of their lives and their work with patients and clients in clinical practice.
Participants will learn how to:
• Access their intuition and empathy and recognize what blocks them
• Tell the difference between empathy and being an empath, and strategies for managing their sensitivities
• Use strategies to prevent sensory overload which can lead to addictions, overeating, anxiety, and exhaustion
• Avoid emotional hangovers and compassion fatigue
• Stop absorbing other people’s stress
• Combat narcissists and other energy vampires
• Express your empathic needs in relationships
• Heal with intuition and empathy
• Use oracle cards to receive intuitive guidance
• Read the body language of friends, family, co-workers, and clients
For more information visit www.drjudithorloff.com.
Required materials: Orloff, The Power of Surrender Oracle Card Deck (we will work with these oracle cards during the workshop; please bring your deck with you to Esalen).
Recommended reading, Orloff, The Empath’s Survival Guide, Essential Tools for Empaths (audio program) and Emotional Freedom.
For continuing education syllabus, see http://www.esalen.org/igniting-power-empathy-intuition.
CE credit for nurses;
CE credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs;
CE credit for massage;