For individuals and couples, intimacy is to the soul as food is to the body. When the longing for intimacy is satisfied, we experience wholeness and sufficiency, and we can be at one with ourselves and the world. In conjunction with a sexual connection, intimacy can be exhilarating, inspiring, even transcendent. The shadow side of connection is fear of intimacy, which is actually the fear of loss, rejection, shame, and humiliation. These fears are common, even universal, yet their presence need not prevent us from experiencing the joys of intimate contact. It is not so much a matter of eliminating these concerns but of responding to them skillfully.
This workshop addresses how we can do that and also accomplish the following:
· Maintain an open heart in the face of powerful emotions
· Recognize and neutralize patterns that limit deep connection
· Identify what it takes to feel love in all its physical, sexual, and spiritual splendor
· Explore the territory of the heart where the deep connection of two becomes the transcendent “one”
· Experience playfulness and passion
This workshop is designed for individuals and couples.
Recommended reading: Bloom and Bloom, 101 Things I Wish I Knew When I Got Married: Simple Lessons to Make Love Last and Secrets of Great Marriages: Real Truth from Real Couples about Lasting Love.