Whether you are looking for change in your close relationships, your work environment, or your wider world, the principles and practices of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) offer a lifetime of support for living your highest values, and navigating your daily experiences.
NVC has been described in the following ways:
• A powerful tool for leadership development and conflict resolution
• A personal practice for clarifying and living one’s values
• A guide for interpersonal communication
• A language of compassion towards self and others
By learning NVC, we can help liberate ourselves from judging self and others; taking things personally; and acting and reacting from fear, duty, obligation, guilt, anger, and depression. Applying NVC in our daily lives supports us in:
• Creating new strategies to meet core needs
• Expressing ourselves honestly without blame, shame, or criticism
• Becoming more effective at everything we do
Martine and Jean bring more than thirty years of experience sharing this supportive and engaging process, and in 2017 are celebrating their 14th year at Esalen. The workshop includes two three-hour sessions per day using a variety of learning and experiential modalities ranging from serious to playful and thoughtful to spontaneous. Enjoy time for self-reflection, journaling, and individual coaching from our experienced team.
($20 material fee will be added to the workshop cost)
Recommended reading: Rosenberg, Nonviolent Communication.