Do you ever wonder why, despite the miracles of modern medicine, more than 2.5 million Americans practice ancient healing exercises from China? Qigong is one of the world’s most popular and best-researched methods to improve health and vitality. Regular practice makes the mind tranquil, reduces stress, and deepens your connection with nature.
In this program, you can learn the secrets of one of the greatest qigong masters in Chinese history: Wang Xiangzhai, who is equally renowned as a healer, athlete, and spiritual mentor. Wang’s Yi Quan style of qigong consists of healing exercises (quan) and meditations that open the mind (yi) to the energies of the universe. This comprehensive system teaches you, in exquisite detail, the principles upon which all qigong is based. During this workshop you will be shown:
· Standing and walking meditation to improve posture, balance, grace, and vitality
· How to experiment with energy to awaken the body’s energy channels
· Resilient energy training to increase strength and prevent injuries
· The health dance: your own, improvised qigong routine
· Taoist meditation and wisdom, including inspiring stories of the old masters
Yi Quan is a highly enjoyable practice that, with patience and dedication, leads to a more fully alive body and mind.
Recommended reading: Cohen, The Way of Qigong.