In this hands-on vegetarian cooking class, gourmet organic chef/teacher and cookbook author Leslie Cerier presents whole foods that are not just good for you, but also pleasurable and delicious. Come cook and feast on exciting vegetarian dishes that will enhance your immune system, give you energy, rejuvenate your senses, keep your bones strong, and help you maintain an active lifestyle.
During the workshop, you will be shown how to:
• Stock a cornucopia of organic whole foods, including beans, grains, sea vegetables, soy foods, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables, and cook them easily from scratch
• Expand your cooking repertoire and boost nutrition with exotic ancient grains like teff, quinoa, Bhutanese red rice, and Chinese “forbidden” black rice
• Use herbs and spices to enhance flavor and create international dishes
• Mix and match foods that are high in antioxidants, calcium, and iron to invent your own recipes
• Substitute ingredients by color, flavor, seasonal availability, texture, cooking times, and whim
Each day, morning sessions will be devoted to cooking up a feast for our lunch.
During the afternoons we'll have group discussion about creative cooking for health and vitality, and improvise more in the kitchen. Excite your palate with a treasure-trove of healthy and taste-tempting recipes. This class is guaranteed to delight the palate and inspire home cooking. Leslie Cerier will show novice and seasoned cooks how to make cooking and eating deeply nourishing as we go through our changing lives with grace and ease.
Recommended reading: Cerier, Gluten-Free Recipes for the Conscious Cook and Going Wild in the Kitchen; Grossman, Visionary Cooking, Food for the Eyes.
($50 ingredient fee paid directly to the leader