Permaculture is a holistic design system for creating and sustaining regenerative human settlement patterns for healthy living. This permaculture course offers a new way to teach solution-based, eco-social design concepts by applying the principles of permaculture to the teaching of permaculture. Teachers and practitioners in any field can apply these skills and practices. This course will cover every aspect of being an effective educator and promoter of mutually beneficial relationships for a more sustainable and just future. By taking the approach of whole-person learning and using teaching combinations from educators from all over the world, this course provides invaluable information about facilitating and how to frame concepts and ideas to people from all walks of life and cultural contexts. This course also teaches the basics of how to administer the core permaculture design course, as well as planning and preparing for specialized permaculture-focused workshops and practica.
• How to identify learning styles and adapt to various audiences
• Techniques to help you organize and prepare quickly and effectively
• A comprehensive manual and DVD of permaculture resources and teaching materials
• Course planning, marketing, and evaluation
• Constructive critique of participant presentations
• Teaching tools and the core exercises of the permaculture curriculum
This course offers powerful teaching practices gleaned from the leaders’ many years of permaculture teaching. Their experience, combined with the knowledge of permaculture teachers and mentors from around the globe, make this one of the most comprehensive teacher trainings available.