Note: All participants must first register for this program and pay $700 at http://ashleyturner.org/yoga-psychology-training/. Only after registration and payment of tuition will you be able to reserve accommodations at Esalen (this will be an extra cost). Course fees and accommodations are separate. Please see accommodations costs under “Pricing for Partner Programs” at http://www.esalen.org/page/partner-program-pricing.
Join us for a cutting-edge, dynamic integration of yoga, mindfulness, and Western psychology. This training is designed for all yoga instructors who are ready for a profound change in their teaching. This is a unique opportunity for in-depth study with four master teachers who will weave together their expertise in hatha yoga, Tantra, yoga psychology, Buddhism, Gestalt, transpersonal psychology, priestess work, and mindfulness.
Topics to be covered include the following:
· Asana, mantra, mudra, and meditation for psychological and emotional healing
· Chakras as a map of the psycho-soma connection, and how to teach them in asana
· Shadow work basics to help avoid teaching pitfalls
· Gestalt practice: enhancing self and other intra and interpersonal dynamics
· Awareness and productive use of power dynamics in the yoga room
· Transference, counter-transference, projection, and erotic transference
· Neuroscience of yoga and meditation
· Facing your fears and transforming your voice as a teacher
· Myths of yoga for personal and universal understanding
Explore your edge and refine your skills in this safe and nurturing environment. Each day will be an integration of yoga, meditation, lecture, practice sessions, teaching with direct feedback, inner transpersonal work, and soaking in the famous Esalen healing waters. Whether you are new to teaching yoga or very seasoned, this training will leave you inspired and rejuvenated. You can gain effective tools for a lifetime of exploration and bring renewed passion to your teaching.
See Faculty Spotlight.