Yoga is not a linear process. It is direct intimacy with life, and it is available to everyone. This week, Mark Whitwell offers yoga’s advanced practices in a way that you can integrate and make your own, whether you are just beginning to practice or have years of experience. The weekend involves an interwoven promise: You promise to practice yoga, and in return you receive the promise of yoga’s gifts, including health, intimacy, well-being, and joy. In order to experience these benefits, your yoga practice must be adapted to you, not you to yoga. With Mark’s skillful and heartfelt guidance, you will:
• Explore the five principles of advanced personal practice
• Dive into asana, pranayama, and meditation as a seamless process
• Discover how yoga transforms life into an intimate celebration with everything
• Experience the nurturing principle as a constant in your life from now on
• Return home with understanding and the embodied felt sense of your own joyful practice
This program is a regenerative and joyful event that will continue to reverberate through your daily life in very practical ways. For all levels; no prior yoga experience is needed. Please bring a yoga mat.
Recommended reading: Whitwell, Yoga of Heart and The Promise; Desikachar, The Heart of Yoga.