As the very flow of consciousness, you dance the world into existence. – Ksemaraja
As spring emerges, we immerse ourselves in the power of Esalen’s healing waters to thaw, rejuvenate, and awaken into the new cycle. In this five-day retreat, we will create a “living flow ashram” under the full moon as the Esalen dance dome (aka Leonard Pavilion) becomes a place for yoga, energetic vinyasa, movement, meditation, and recalibration of our system to the rhythms of life.
Our retreat will include the following sessions:
· Two daily practices of fluid power vinyasa - the water-based sequences of Prana Flow® yoga
· Mandala namaskars (circular sun salutations) for embodying circular consciousness
· Pranadandayoga® - movement with a five-foot flexible staff, with Demetri Velisarius
· Cultivation of ojas - ayurvedic regeneration practices for “Juicing Up”
· Ayurvedic abhyanga (oil massage) for relaxation and rejuvenation
· Melting into motion - sahaja yoga trance dance with live music
· Floating shavasana in the Esalen baths
· Tantric based meditation, mantra, and pranayama
Stay for the five- or seven-day option (see Shiva Rea’s Soul Rising – Ritual of Renewal, April 18-20, Easter weekend) and open to a transformative week of rejuvenation to bring into the flow of life. This retreat is open to those with six months or more yoga experience. Teacher training credit is available.
Recommended reading and viewing: Rea, Tending the Heart Fire - Living in Rhythm with the Pulse of Life and Fluid Power DVD; Odier, Yoga SpandaKarika.