Yoga is not a linear process. It is direct intimacy with life, and it is available to everyone. This weekend, Mark Whitwell offers yoga’s advanced practices in a way that you can integrate and make your own, whether you are just beginning to practice or have years of experience. The weekend involves an interwoven promise: You promise to practice yoga, and in return you receive the promise of yoga’s gifts, including health, intimacy, wellbeing, and joy. In order to experience these benefits, your yoga practice must be adapted to you, not you to yoga. With Mark’s skillful and heartfelt guidance, you will:
• Explore the five principles of advanced personal practice
• Dive into asana, pranayama, and meditation as a seamless process
• Discover how yoga transforms life into an intimate celebration with everything
• Experience the nurturing principle as a constant in your life from now on
• Return home with understanding and the embodied felt sense of your own joyful practice
This program is a regenerative and joyful event that will continue to reverberate through your daily life in very practical ways. For all levels; no prior yoga experience needed. Please bring a yoga mat.
Recommended reading: Whitwell, Yoga of Heart and The Promise; Desikachar, The Heart of Yoga.