How do people, both individuals and groups, make foundational shifts in their worldviews that give rise to radically new ways of being in the world? This Legacy group led by Cassandra Vieten will examine what science, religious and spiritual traditions, and modern transformative practice movements have to say about how people change. The group also will examine how we can get stuck or lost, and how to shake free from periods of inertia or patterns that prevent our growth.
Activities and topics for participants include:
• Learning about the emerging science of transformation
• Exploring indigenous, religious, spiritual, and secular models of transformation
• Examining the role of peak experiences, Aha! moments, extraordinary moments, and awe in transformation
• Investigating the transformative potential of pain, struggle, hitting bottom, and post-traumatic growth
• Engaging in experiential practices designed for transformation
• Delving into stories, symbols, and metaphors of transformation
• Mapping your own lifelong transformative journey
Participants also will work toward applying what they've learned as they move forward after the Legacy month. A limited amount of one-on-one coaching will be offered for those who are working toward a career in consciousness transformation.
For continuing education syllabus see http://www.esalen.org/Course_Information_Art_Science_Transformation.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.esalen.org/work-study.
CE credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs;