The converging crises of climate change, oil depletion, and economic instability cannot be solved separately or with technological miracles, but by lessening dependence on fossil fuels. But this doesn’t mean a bleak future. The heart of transition is the belief that by engaging with enough imagination and ingenuity to unlock the collective genius of our communities, we can choose a future that is more just and sustainable than what we have now.
• Explore the opportunities for transformation presented by the challenges of peak oil, climate change, and economic instability
• Learn key concepts of the transition model, including permaculture principles, community visioning, and setting up transition groups
• Raise awareness of the need for transition
• Meet other change leaders
• Explore concepts of addiction to consumption and oil and the psychology of change
• Establish an action plan for yourself and your community
• Visit sustainable projects at Esalen
• Have fun!
Time for yoga, meditation, walks, community-building exercises, baths, and dancing is included. Visit www.transitionus.org for more information.