Are you living the life you were destined to live, or are you living someone else’s? Are your actions based on what you truly feel and believe, or on negative programming from your past?
Lisa Firestone and Joyce Catlett, coauthors of Conquer Your Critical Inner Voice, are ready to challenge your customary ways of thinking about yourself, your relationships, and your career. The goal? To expand your boundaries and help you achieve more fulfillment in life. Based on theories and methods developed by clinical psychologist Robert W. Firestone, this workshop can help you counter negative thinking and live free from imagined limitations. Through videos, interactive discussions, and various exercises, the presenters will illustrate a number of important topics vital to an emotionally healthy existence:
• How do guilt and shame affect us in our everyday lives? How do negative thoughts about ourselves keep shame and guilt alive?
• How do destructive thoughts and attitudes undermine our efforts to achieve our full potential in our work lives?
• How does the inner voice interfere with intimacy and closeness in our relationships?
• Why does sex seem to become unexciting or routine for many couples after marriage?
• How can people challenge the destructive thoughts or voices that influence addictive behavior and break free of these patterns?
• How can we deal effectively with negative thinking that leads to a destructive spiral of depression and hopelessness?
Recommended reading: Firestone and Firestone, et. al, Conquer Your Critical Inner Voice: Firestone, Creating a Life of Meaning and Compassion: The Wisdom of Psychotherapy.