What to Bring to Esalen
Accommodations can be a little rustic and drafty and the coastal weather unpredictable--we recommend bringing a few items to make your stay more with us comfortable and safe. Many of these items are also available in our bookstore.
In addition to layered and comfortable clothing and items necessary for your workshop, we encourage you to bring:
- Alarm clock
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (shampoo & conditioner)
- Water Bottle (NON glass)
- Cash –There is no ATM onsite
- Hiking shoes/ Sneakers
- Earplugs – If sharing a room.
- A watch ( as cell service doesnt work here)
- Warm layered clothing
What to Leave at Home
A few things we encourage you to do without:
- Candles or incense or anything flammable as the fire danger is severe and they are not allowed.
- Any illicit drugs as we have a strict anti-drug policy
- Pets which are not service animals
- Expensive valuables as we do not have safes and cannot guarantee their safety.