A vital part of Esalen's mission is to help those seeking to acquire skills and knowledge to transform their lives and the world at large.
Our scholarship funds are limited, so awards will be made to those who will take what they have learned back to their homes, workplaces and communities.
Although personal growth is an essential step towards social transformation, almost all of our workshop scholarships are reserved for individuals who will use the information they gain to impact social change.
Limited assistance may be possible for applicants taking one of the following programs:
- A WisdomWomen Visionary Gathering — January 13-15, 2017
- Re-Visioning Madness: Compassionately Responding to People in Extreme States — January 27-29, 2017
- Self-Compassion in Inner and Outer Relationship — January 29 - February 3, 2017
- Overcoming Addictive Thinking and Behavior: A Path to Inner Freedom — January 29 - February 3, 2017
- How We change and Why We Don’t: The Art and Science of Transformation — February 3-5, 2017
- Restructuring and Unburdening Trauma — February 3-5, 2017
- The I in the Storm: Bringing Self-Leadership to Everyday Life — February 5-10, 2017
- Trauma, Memory and the Restoration of One’s Self — February 5-10, 2017
- Expanding the Practice of Sex Therapy: A Training for Health Professionals — February 10-12, 2017
- Women’s Sexual Stories: Healing the Wounds, Celebrating the Joy — February 12-17, 2017
- Open Your Heart, Develop Your Mind, Awaken Your Spirit — February 19-24, 2017
- The Dynamic Spine: Yoga for the Prevention and Relief of Low Back and Pelvic Dysfunction — March 3-5, 2017
- Mindfulness and Leadership: Developing Courage, Clarity and Compassion — March 5-10, 2017
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Cultivating Psychological Wellness — March 5-10, 2017
- Who are You: Beyond Addiction, Illness and Limiting Beliefs — April 2-7, 2017
- The Self-Care Vow: Embodying Wellbeing in the Face of Burnout and Stress — April 21-23, 2017
- Mind, Mood and Food: Optimal Nutrition for Body and Brain — April 23-28, 2017
- Embodied Intimacy: Neurobiological Gestalt FST Integration of Couples & Sex — April 30 - May 5, 2017
- Mind-Body Studies: Exploring the Work of Moshe Fendenkrais — May 21-26, 2017
- Being Present in the Body: Using Mindfulness to Work with Trauma — June 9-11, 2017
- Experiencing the Esalen Farm and Garden — June 11-16, 2017
Scholarship applications must be recieved at least one month prior to the start of the workshop.
Workshop scholarship inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
Download the workshop scholarship application (PDF format)
Esalen occasionally offers financial assistance to workshop participants in exchange for a work commitment in the kitchen or cabins (housekeeping).
- 5 day workshop - reduced fee of $100 for 8 hours of work
- Weekend workshop - reduced fee of $50 for 4 hours of work.
Please request work exchange when making your reservation. Approved work exchange recipients will receive their work schedule upon arrival. We allow one work exchange opportunity per person per year.
In addition to workshop scholarships, we offer scholarships for our Massage and Bodywork program, Farm & Garden, Work Study Program, and Gazebo Park School. Each of these scholarship types are separately administered by their respective departments.
- For a workstudy scholarship requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Esalen Farm apprentice scholarships, please email email@example.com
- For Gazebo Park School apprentice scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org