A vital part of Esalen's mission is to help those seeking to acquire skills and knowledge to transform their lives and the world at large.
Our scholarship funds are limited, so awards will be made to those who will take what they have learned back to their homes, workplaces and communities.
Although personal growth is an essential step towards social transformation, almost all of our workshop scholarships are reserved for individuals who will use the information they gain to impact social change.
Limited assistance may be possible for applicants taking one of the following programs in 2016:
- Mindful Education Teacher Training with Daniel Rechtschaffen — July 3-8, 2016
- Wisdom 2.0 Unplugged — July 29-31, 2016
- Quarter-Life Calling: Creating an Extraordinary Life in Your 20's with Coby Kozlowski — July 31 - August 5, 2016
- Care to Dare: How to Unleash Astonishing Potential in Yourself and Others with George Kohlrieser — August 5-7, 2016
- Leading the Edge: How to Reach Extraordinary Performance with George Kohlrieser — August 7-12, 2016
- Conversations on the Edge: Love, Sex and the Evolution of the Masculine and Feminine — September 11-16, 2016
- The Anatomy of a Calling with Lissa Rankin — September 18-23, 2016
- Planting the Seed: A Workshop for Farm and Garden Educators with Anna Pierce-Slive, Chad Morse & Hanna Shulman — September 18-23, 2016
- Yoga, Meditation and Addiction Recovery Retreat: A Celebration of Healing — October 2-7, 2016
- Living Deeply: The Art and Science of Transformation with Cassandra Vieten — October 23-28, 2016
- Regenerative Leadership: Attunement, Relational Mindfulness and Deep Listening with Nina Simons and Deborah Eden Tull — October 30 - November 4, 2016
- Advanced Energy Efficiency and Alternative Supplies for Profitable Climate Protection with Amory Lovins — December 2-4, 2016
- When Water Becomes Gold: The New Alchemy with Amory Lovins and Ian Michael Hebert — December 9-11, 2016
Please note the application deadlines listed in the application form.
Workshop scholarship inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
Download the workshop scholarship application (PDF format)
Esalen occasionally offers financial assistance to workshop participants in exchange for a work commitment in the kitchen or cabins (housekeeping).
- 5 day workshop - reduced fee of $100 for 8 hours of work
- Weekend workshop - reduced fee of $50 for 4 hours of work.
Please request work exchange when making your reservation. Approved work exchange recipients will receive their work schedule upon arrival. We allow one work exchange opportunity per person per year.
In addition to workshop scholarships, we offer scholarships for our Massage and Bodywork program, Farm & Garden, Work Study Program, and Gazebo Park School. Each of these scholarship types are separately administered by their respective departments.
- For a workstudy scholarship requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Esalen Farm apprentice scholarships, please email email@example.com
- For Gazebo Park School apprentice scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org