IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREATHE NORTHBOUND CONNECTOR TO NORTHBOUND I 5 (ORANGE CO) IS CLOSED FROM 2200 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0500 HRS EACH MORNING SUNDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 1/30/15 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE
IS CLOSED FROM 2 MI NORTH OF THE LOS ANGELES/VENTURA CO LINE /AT DEER CREEK RD/ TO 4.6 MI SOUTH OF OXNARD /AT LOS POSAS RD/ (VENTURA CO) - DUE TO A MUD SLIDE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC IS REDUCED TO 1 LANE FROM ESCONDIDO BEACH TO PORTSHEAD RD /IN MALIBU/ (LOS ANGELES CO) 24 HRS A DAY THRU 1700 HRS ON 1/29/15 - DUE TO PERMIT WORK
IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREAIS CLOSED FROM 1 MI SOUTH OF MUIR BEACH /AT PANORAMIC HIGHWAY/ TO MUIR WOODS RD /IN MUIR BEACH/ (MARIN CO) - DUE TO A SLIP OUT - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 7.3 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 166 /AT BLACK RD/ TO 1.8 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 166 /AT BROWN RD/ (SANTA BARBARA CO) FROM 0900 HRS TO 1500 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 2/6/15 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM WADSWORTH AVE TO SAN LUIS ST /IN PISMO BEACH/ (SAN LUIS OBISPO CO) FROM 0900 HRS TO 1600 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 1/30/15 - DUE TO PERMIT WORK
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 7 MI NORTH OF THE SAN LUIS OBISPO/MONTEREY CO LINE /AT VILLA CREEK BRIDGE/ TO 8 MI NORTH OF THE SAN LUIS OBISPO/MONTEREY CO LINE /AT ALDER CREEK BRIDGE/ FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 1/30/15 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 10 MINUTES
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 2 MI SOUTH OF BIG SUR /AT VINTANA ST/ TO 1.5 MI SOUTH OF BIG SUR (MONTEREY CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 1/30/15 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 10 MINUTES
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 9.3 MI SOUTH OF TOMALAS /AT MARCONI PROPERTY RD/ TO 7.5 MI SOUTH OF TOMALAS /AT MARSHALL RD/ (MARIN CO) FROM 0800 HRS TO 1400 HRS WEDENESDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 1/30/15 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 10 MINUTES
IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREANO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.
For traffic updates and other Caltrans projects in Monterey County, call (800) 427-ROAD (7623) within California and (916) 445-7623 from outside of California, or visit the Caltrans District 5 website.
Be sure to check here for any weather and road updates prior to your travel.
Stormy Weather Driving Safety Tips
- Driving after dark is highly discouraged!
- Caution should be exercised when traveling, especially after dark.
- You never know what will be around the next turn. Large rocks/boulders often fall into the roadway and falling rock damage to vehicles and tires is not uncommon, especially during rain. Drive cautiously and at an appropriate speed for you to see dangers before you are upon them.
- Watch out for little sharp rocks as they pierce tire sidewalls. Make certain your are driving on tires that have good tread left to them and have a good spare tire, a jack and lug wrench with you and easily accessible.
- Be prepared to sleep in your car on the side of the road if you become trapped between slides or amongst rocks and debris and can not safely drive through or around. Help and road clearing might not happen before morning and you may need to be self-sufficient until professionals arrive. Carry an emergency kit that includes a sleeping bag, warm clothes, water, flashlight, flares, cell phone, glasses and contact lens supplies and any personal medications you take.
More Weather and Road Links
- California Department of Transportation: Highway Conditions
- Weather.com: 7-Day Forecast for Big Sur, CA