IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREANO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.
IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREAIS CLOSED FROM RAGGED POINT (SAN LUIS OBISPO CO) TO GORDA (MONTEREY CO) - DUE TO MUDSLIDE REMOVAL - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE - MOTORISTS CAN ACCESS SR 1 FROM GORDA TO LIMEKILN STATE PARK BY USING NACIMIENTO-FERGUSON RD
IS CLOSED FROM LIMEKILN CREEK BRIDGE TO 0.5 MI SOUTH OF BIG SUR STATE PARK /IN BIG SUR/ (MONTEREY CO) - DUE TO MUDSLIDE REMOVAL & BRIDGE REPLACEMENT - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
IS CLOSED FROM 3.3 MI NORTH OF THE JCT OF US 101 /AT PANORAMIC HIGHWAY/ TO 5.7 MI NORTH OF THE JCT OF US 101 /AT PACIFIC WAY/ (MARIN CO) - DUE TO A SLIP-OUT - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE - LOCAL RESIDENTS WITH PROPER IDENTIFICATION WILL BE ALLOWED ACCESS
IS CLOSED FROM 1 MI NORTH OF MUIR BEACH /AT SLIDE RANCH/ TO 0.2 MI SOUTH OF STINSON BEACH (MARIN CO) - DUE TO MUDSLIDE REMOVAL - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE - LOCAL RESIDENTS WITH PROPER IDENTIFICATION WILL BE ALLOWED ACCESS
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 4.9 MI NORTH OF BIG SUR (MONTEREY CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 1700 HRS ON 5/19/17 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 5.6 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 46 /AT VILLA CREEK RD/ TO 2 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 46 /AT HARMONY VALLEY RD/ (SAN LUIS OBISPO CO) FROM 0900 HRS TO 1515 HRS MONDAY THRU THURSDAY THRU 4/27/17 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 1.2 MI NORTH TO 1.5 MI NORTH OF CARMET (SONOMA CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 1800 HRS ON 5/31/17 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 4.4 MI NORTH OF THE JCT OF SR 116 /AT RUSSIAN GULCH/ TO 6.3 MI SOUTH OF FORT ROSS /AT MEYERS GRADE RD/ (SONOMA CO) - DUE TO FLOOD DAMAGE REPAIR - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS OF UP TO 30 MINUTES
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 11.1 MI NORTH TO 12.4 MI NORTH OF THE JCT OF SR 116 (SONOMA CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 2359 HRS ON 5/31/17 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 2.5 MI SOUTH OF ROCKPORT (MENDOCINO CO) - DUE TO MUDSLIDE REMOVAL
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 2.3 MI SOUTH TO 0.7 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF US 101 (MENDOCINO CO) - DUE TO MUDSLIDE REMOVAL
For traffic updates and other Caltrans projects in Monterey County, call (800) 427-ROAD (7623) within California and (916) 445-7623 from outside of California, or visit the Caltrans District 5 website.
Be sure to check here for any weather and road updates prior to your travel.
Stormy Weather Driving Safety Tips
- Driving after dark is highly discouraged!
- Caution should be exercised when traveling, especially after dark.
- You never know what will be around the next turn. Large rocks/boulders often fall into the roadway and falling rock damage to vehicles and tires is not uncommon, especially during rain. Drive cautiously and at an appropriate speed for you to see dangers before you are upon them.
- Watch out for little sharp rocks as they pierce tire sidewalls. Make certain your are driving on tires that have good tread left to them and have a good spare tire, a jack and lug wrench with you and easily accessible.
- Be prepared to sleep in your car on the side of the road if you become trapped between slides or amongst rocks and debris and can not safely drive through or around. Help and road clearing might not happen before morning and you may need to be self-sufficient until professionals arrive. Carry an emergency kit that includes a sleeping bag, warm clothes, water, flashlight, flares, cell phone, glasses and contact lens supplies and any personal medications you take.
More Weather and Road Links
- California Department of Transportation: Highway Conditions
- Weather.com: 7-Day Forecast for Big Sur, CA