Residential Education Manager
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources & Education, this position will be responsible for the successful operation of one of the most impactful departments at Esalen for mission delivery, Residential Education. This manager will create, articulate and implement educational programs and tracking systems for staff and student development at Esalen. Faculty recruitment, supervision, and oversight regarding longer term educational programs. Pursue external relationships with mission congruent organizations as well as publicize and disseminate information regarding Esalen’s cutting edge internal education programs.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of Residential Education, with guidance from the Director of Human Resources & Education.
- Responsible for all in-house educational programs.
- Coordinating and supervising the Extended Student (ES) program, the ES Advisor program and other on-going trainings and meetings.
- Works closely with the ES managers for smooth transitions from Work Scholars to ES's.
- Scheduling the Visiting Teacher Program and the Work Study Program curriculum.
- Oversight for the Integral Leadership Program (ILP) to include curriculum development, relationship building with universities and professors and creation of additional programming offerings.
- Establishing the development of long-term internships and training liaisons with other institutes and colleges.
- Overseeing the Work Scholar Coordinator and the Work Scholar (WS) and Legacy programs while working in conjunction with the Programs Department.
- Fiscal responsibility for the department.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with faculty and maintain effective communication for smooth delivery of educational programs.
- Support the publication and dissemination of Residential Educational offerings to the Esalen community and beyond.
- Ensuring the maintenance of student records.
- Ensuring new student orientations.
- Ensuring interdepartmental cooperation in the service of the student well being.
- Special project work may be required.
- Other various tasks as assigned.
- Passion for Esalen, it’s mission and education
- Previous 3-5 years of experience in managing teams and projects
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Experience in creating and delivering educational curriculum and training in an educational setting.
- Excellent and proven communication – both written and verbal.
- Excellent facilitation and mediation skills.
- Excellent computer, database management, and word processing skills. Graphic design skills also a strong bonus.
- Ability to relate comfortably and professionally to all types of individuals and the capacity to work closely with a variety of peoples of varying needs and concerns.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with a strong sense of ethics, responsibility, and an unwavering ability to hold oneself and others accountable to the highest standards and professional practices.
- Attention to detail and the ability/willingness to carry out administrative tasks associated with Residential Education planning and implementation.
- Common sense and empathy.
- It is a plus to have spent time at Esalen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work in a physically demanding environment; ability to lift up to 30 pounds; maneuver on uneven ground; stand for long periods of time; sitting at a desk and working on computers and answering phones.
Compensation and Benefits
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. Esalen provides staff with access to an extensive range of educational and community benefits, including movement classes, ongoing in-house programs, and discounts and scholarship for workshops, bodywork, and other Esalen services.
Established in 1962, Esalen is a leading center for exploring and realizing human potential through experience, education, and research. We work toward the realization of a more humane and all-embracing world, seeking answers to questions unlikely to be explored by traditional universities and religions. We sponsor pioneering initiatives and offer personal, spiritual, and social transformation programs for residents, interns, and workshop participants. To learn more about our history, browse our program and workshop offerings, or download the current catalog, please visit our web site at www.esalen.org.
Please send your resume, cover letter, references and any salary requirements to email@example.com or complete our online application form.
Application deadline: open until filled.
Esalen Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.