Part Time Carmel Center Phone Reservationist
Esalen Institute, the pioneering alternative education center dedicated to personal and social transformation, is currently seeking a part time Phone Reservationist. You must have phone and Customer service skills and experience, and a genuine love of service and connection with people.
This part time position (16 to 24hrs per week) are situated at Esalens Carmel Center. We are interested in someone with excellent communication skills, the ability to embrace Esalen’s Mission and Vision, and a strong desire to participate in our special Community, recognizing the work we do is critical in the World.
- Answering Esalen Reservation phone lines, and contacting our Guests directly – An exceptional phone manner is required
- Providing exceptional customer service, welcoming and supporting our Guests and Staff with kindness and respect
- Providing information and guidance, answering questions and serving our Guest experience
- Process all Guest reservations in Esalens Reservations System – Workshops, Personal Retreat, Massage, requiring strong computer skills and an eye for detail
- Guest email response, good written communication skills are required
- Upholding all Esalen’s Policies, Reservation policies and following Office Procedures
Experience / Qualifications / Skills
- At least 2 years Customer Service experience, with a passion for exceptional service
- Customer Phone Reservations experience, with an exceptional phone manner
- Proven team player, maintaining healthy relationships with supervisors, co-workers, other departments and Community members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, while seeking better ways
- Good problem solving and the ability to navigate a complex reservation environment
- Strong computer skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Detailed orientated and highly organized
- Self motivated and responsible, with a willingness to learn a wide variety of job skills
- Be able to receive guidance and feedback, and be able to provide feedback with care and respect
Preferred not required
- Experience with Esalen’s Reservation System
- Experience & understanding of Esalen operations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to: work in a physically demanding environment; lift up to 30 pounds; maneuver on uneven ground; stand for long periods of time; sit at a desk, work on a computer, and answer phones.
Compensation and Benefits
The pay for this part time position is commensurate with experience, and does not include Benefits. Esalen provides staff with access to an extensive range of educational and community benefits, including movement classes, ongoing in-house programs, and discounts for workshops, bodywork, and other Esalen services.
Established in 1962, Esalen is a leading center for exploring and realizing human potential through experience, education, and research. We work toward the realization of a more humane and all-embracing world, seeking answers to questions unlikely to be explored by traditional universities and religions. We sponsor pioneering initiatives and offer personal, spiritual, and social transformation programs for residents, interns, and workshop participants. To learn more about our history, browse our program and workshop offerings, or download the current catalog, please visit our web site at www.esalen.org.
Please send your resume, cover letter, references and any salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline: open until filled. Esalen Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.