Mac Tech Support
Esalen Institute, the pioneering alternative education center dedicated to personal and social transformation, is currently seeking a full-time 40 hour-per-week Mac Tech Support professional to join our Information Services team, based at our main campus in Big Sur, California, reporting to the Information Services Manager.
This position is responsible for development, maintenance, and support of the technology infrastructure of the organization, including computer systems, phones, network, Internet connectivity, web sites, and other related technologies. Our ideal candidate is a hardcore Mac enthusiast with proven, professional support experience and an interest in living and working in our unique community based environment. This position requires availability for after-hours maintenance and on-call support. New hires will be expected to complete certification as an Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.8 within the first six months of employment, if not already certified. Certification as an Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) is expected to be completed within the first year and a half of employment.
- Core technical skills in Apple 10.8 client and server, as well as Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
- Clear communication and willingness to relate to others, to listen and hear concerns in a patient, compassionate and supportive manner; effective verbal and written communication skills
- Independent work ethic to carry projects through to completion and implement solutions with minimal supervision
- Community interest and involvement necessary to work, adapt, and thrive in Esalen's unique professional and social environment
- Strong analytical capability and organizational skills
- Expert problem-solver able to accurately diagnose and repair systems
- Ability and desire to explore and learn new technologies
- Physical ability to walk, climb, crawl around property and lift computer equipment (50+ lbs) as necessary to perform duties
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. We are only able to offer shared on-property housing for a single person and pets are not allowed. Living on-property includes paying a housing fee, which includes all meals. Esalen provides staff with access to an extensive range of educational and community benefits, including movement classes, ongoing in-house programs, and discounts and scholarship for workshops, bodywork, and other Esalen services.
Established in 1962, Esalen is a leading center for exploring and realizing human potential through experience, education, and research. We work toward the realization of a more humane and all-embracing world, seeking answers to questions unlikely to be explored by traditional universities and religions.
We sponsor pioneering initiatives and offer personal, spiritual, and social transformation programs for residents, interns, and workshop participants.
Application deadline: open until filled. Esalen Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.