Train in Massage and Bodywork at Esalen
Each year, Esalen offers an exciting array of opportunities for learning massage and healing arts.
Our on-site programs range from weekend and week-long workshops, to 100 and 250-hour massage practitioner certification programs, to immersive 28-day work study courses. Approved Esalen® Massage training programs are also offered at certain locations beyond our campus in Big Sur.
- View upcoming weekend and week-long massage workshops at Esalen.
- Learn more about our massage certification programs and how to apply.
- Explore massage / bodywork work study programs at Esalen.
- Find approved Esalen® Massage Courses at locations other than Esalen Institute in Big Sur. *
* If you see other websites advertising Esalen® Massage training, please use this link to be certain they are officially approved. Only approved training programs qualify for certificate hours through Esalen and the Esalen® Massage School.
Esalen is approved by both the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork and the California Bureau of Private Post-Secondary Education. See: www.hppce.ca.gov for more information.
Scholarships for Esalen Massage training
Esalen Massage scholarship funds are intended for those who wish to professionally practice massage. It is particularly designed to benefit low income people from diverse populations.
To learn more about our massage scholarship program for massage training, please email our Massage department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience an Esalen® Massage
No matter where you are in life’s journey, the mind-body-spirit-heart connection is vital to wholeness and wellness, and massage and other healing arts are an integral part of Esalen's transformational process. Our teachers and practitioners support the body’s innate capacity to self-organize and heal, making Esalen feel revelatory with each visit.