Due to a full schedule of workshops, Esalen will not be scheduling any private conferences until further notice. Please check this page for updates or inquire by email to email@example.com. Thank you!
Esalen Institute is a leading center for integrative education, soulful exploration, and personal and social evolution. Its extraordinary mission and spectacular location make it the perfect place to hold your independent conference, staff retreat, or training session.
Located in Big Sur, off of California’s famous Highway 1, Esalen’s twenty-seven acres include expansive ocean views, pristine nature to explore, a rocky beach, and of course our renowned geothermal hot springs. Our facilities include a variety of accommodations, dining lodge, and meeting rooms including the Leonard Pavilion (seating up to 150 people), and a variety of smaller meeting spaces for groups from 8 to 50 people.
Group conferences held on property must be related to our mission and vision of personal and social transformation, i.e., no tradeshows, weddings, etc.
Conference Rates are All-Inclusive
Schedule your two-, five-, or seven-day conference with us, and in addition to accommodations and meeting room space, enjoy three organic, lovingly-prepared meals per day and use of the entire Esalen grounds, including:
- our renowned hot springs
- massage and bodywork services
- daily movement arts and meditation classes
- 24 hr tea, coffee & bread bar.
More Esalen highlights available to conference participants
- Experiential programs presented by Esalen workshop leaders and guest teachers, including weekly Wednesday Evening Programs
- Esalen’s organic flower, herb, and vegetable farm and garden (volunteer opportunities available)
- Bookstore and gift shop
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Free Internet access (in limited locations)
- Open studios in the Esalen Art Center, when available
- Meditation round house, accessible 24 hours/day
- 27 acres of lovely grounds to explore
- Local Big Sur attractions including national parks, galleries, and restaurants
Schedule Your Conference
Esalen offers its facilities to mission-aligned organizations for conferences. To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the conference title, brief description, desired dates, number of participants, and audio-visual or other facilities needs.
Conferences begin and end on either Fridays or Sundays, to match our other program schedules. Normally, your meeting space is available after 4:30 pm on the first day of your conference, and available until 11:30 am on the last day. If you reserve the entire Esalen property, you may be able to access meeting rooms before 4:30 on the first day.
Standard Conference Rates (all-inclusive)
|Standard (2-3 per room)||$735||$1,190|
|Premium Couple / 2 people||$2,090||$3,870|
|Point House Single||$1,915||$3,885|
|Point House Couple / 2 people||$2,670||$5,165|
|Bunk Bed (4 - 6 per room)||$495||$800|
|Sleeping Bag (4+ per room)||$310||$455|
Meeting Rooms and Facilities Support
All meeting rooms have pillows and floor-seated back supports (back-jacks). Chairs and tables are available upon request. Esalen can provide basic audio-visual equipment and support as long as your requirements are communicated well in advance of your conference.
|Esalen Meeting Rooms|
|Meeting Room||Shape||Dimensions (ft.)||Size (sq.ft)||Max Occupancy (seated)||Max Occ. (movement**)|
|Rolf||Rectangular||30' x 19||570||28||18 / 20 / 24|
|Murphy House||Rectangular||28' x 18'||504||34||20 / 15 / 22|
|Big Yurt||Circular||30' diameter||750||36||22 / 26 / 24|
|Rooftop Room||Rectangular||36' x 24'||864||40 / 60 *||24 / 32 / 36|
|Huxley||Rectangular||52' x 32'||1,664||80 / 110 *||40 / 65 / 70|
|Leonard Pavilion||Circular||1,900||100 / 140 *||40 / 65 / 80|
* occupancy maximums for floor seating with pillows, and chairs
** occupancy maximums for table work, yoga, dance or group work
Accommodations and Amenities
We have the following accommodations available for your participants:
- 82 standard beds (2 - 3 beds in a shared room)
- 19 premium rooms, single or double occupancy
- 5 premium point houses that accommodate up to 3 people
- 32 bunk beds
- up to 12 sleeping bag spaces