Esalen Massage Certification Programs
Esalen Massage® distinguishes itself in its sensitive responsive approach to each person and each session. In this hands-on work, body, mind, and spirit are inextricably linked. This holistic approach is effective for health and healing issues, somatic concerns, physical stress reduction, and wellbeing. Esalen offers three levels of certification, described below. Certification allows the graduates to promote their work as Esalen Massage and to be included in the worldwide practitioner list on our EMBA website. All levels are approved by the California Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education School code 2700571.
- Level I (175 hours of instruction) is taught as a longer, intensive course and covers the basics of Esalen Massage. It also includes100-hours of core curriculum: anatomy, physiology, business, ethics, hygiene and assessment. It is a prerequisite for levels II and III. For more information about this program, see a sample transcript or enrollment agreement.
- Level I PRO (100 hours) Esalen Massage Certification for Professionals. This course is designed for those already certified in another modality who wish to learn and practice Esalen® Massage. It focuses on the methodology and philosophy of Esalen Massage.
- Level I and II (250 hours of instruction) a more in-depth exploration of Esalen Massage. Offered only at Esalen. Click here to apply.
- Level II (250 hours of instruction) builds on the completion of level I and offers 75 hours of additional massage instruction selected from bodywork courses in the general catalog. This level fulfils the education requirements for the California Massage Practitioner Certification.
- Level III (500 hours of instruction) is individually designed under the guidance of a massage instructor mentor. It includes assessment, a specialized curriculum plan comprised of Esalen catalog bodywork and adjunctive coursework in movement and psychological awareness studies, and 100 hours of additional anatomy and physiology transferred in from a State approved college or massage school. Fees for this level vary according to workshop and accommodation selection, and also include an additional $600 charge. For more details select 500-hour description.
For similar certification programs in other locations worldwide, please refer to the EMBA Global Search page.