Esalen provides continuing education (CE) credit for psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, nurses, bodyworkers, acupuncturists, and nutritionists.
Esalen’s status as a provider of continuing education is approved by the following boards:
- Psychologists: American Psychology Association (California psychologists are required to report their hours to the MCEP Accrediting Agency)
- LCSW/MFT: California Board of Behavioral Sciences (provider number PCE1594)
- Massage practitioners and bodyworkers: The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (provider number 043062-00) and the Bureau for Private Post-Secondary Education (school code 2700571)
- Registered Nurses: Board of Registered Nursing (provider number 01152)
- Registered Dietitians: State Commission on Dietetic Registration*
- Acupuncturists: State of California Acupuncture Board (provider number 946).
All approved weekend workshops qualify for 10 hours of CE units, and approved five-day courses qualify for 26 hours of CE units.
If you wish to receive a continuing education certificate, please notify your workshop leader at the beginning of your workshop.
In order to receive a certificate for continuing education units, participants are required to:
- Attend and sign the attendance sheet for all scheduled workshop sessions (please see leader)
- Fill out the evaluation form distributed by the leader and turn it into the main office with a $25 processing fee
There is a $25 fee for each certificate of completion, payable to the Esalen front office. Please be prepared to provide your professional license number.
Acupuncture and dietitian workshops are approved on a case-by-case basis. Please refer to the website prior to registration for updated CE status.