Esalen provides continuing education (CE) credit for psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, nurses, bodyworkers, acupuncturists, and nutritionists.
Esalen’s status as a provider of continuing education is approved by the following boards:
- Psychologists, MFT/LCSW: American Psychological Association (California psychologists are required to report their hours to the MCEP Accrediting Agency)
- Massage practitioners and bodyworkers: The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (provider number 043062-00) and the Bureau for Private Post-Secondary Education (school code 2700571)
- Registered Nurses: Board of Registered Nursing (provider number 01152)
- Registered Dietitians: State Commission on Dietetic Registration*
- Acupuncturists: State of California Acupuncture Board (provider number 946).
Approved weekend workshops qualify for 10 CE units, approved five-day courses qualify for 26 CE units, approved seven-day courses qualify for 36 CE units, and approved work study qualify for 38 CE units unless otherwise notified in the workshop description.
If you wish to receive a continuing education certificate, please notify your workshop leader at the beginning of your workshop. Partial credit cannot be given.
In order to receive a certificate for continuing education units, participants are required to:
- Attend and sign the attendance sheet for all scheduled workshop sessions (please see leader). Partial credit cannot be given.
- Fill out the evaluation form distributed by the leader and turn it into the main office with a $25 processing fee.
There is a $25 fee for each certificate of completion, payable to the Esalen front office. Please be prepared to provide your professional license number.
Acupuncture and dietitian workshops are approved on a case-by-case basis. Please refer to the website prior to registration for updated CE status.
Still Have Questions?
If the information you need is not on this page, please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.