- You are welcome to arrive at Esalen anytime after 2pm the day your stay begins. Rooms become available at 2:30pm and you may pick up your key at the gate or our front office/bookstore.
- Weekend programs begin with dinner on Friday and end with brunch on Sunday.
- Programs longer than five days begin with dinner on Sunday and end with lunch on Friday.
While you may enjoy lunch and stay on property until 2 pm on the final day of your workshop or personal retreat, we ask that you remove all of your belongings from your room by 10:30 am.
Your timely departure ensures that we may prepare for and welcome our next group of workshop participants.
Workshop sessions normally begin at 8:30 pm on the first evening and end at 12:00 pm on the final day. A detailed schedule of all sessions may be available in advance on each individual workshop description page, otherwise, a schedule will be provided upon arrival for the workshop.
- Breakfast - 8:30am-9:45am
- Lunch - 12:30pm-1:45pm (on Fridays and Sundays, service is from 12:15pm - 1:30pm)
- Dinner - 6:00pm-7:30pm.